Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


See that lady on the left? the one with the flowered apron and big smile?  That's my Mom. She's special.  6 of the kids sitting on the back of the car are hers, and she's pregnant with the 7th. And yet she's still smiling. And that wasn't just for the pictures, my Mom is always smiling and laughing. Even though we were poor farmers kids, we knew we were loved, she made sure of that. I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day Mom - I love you! (I'm the cute one in the middle)

I realized that over the years, I had very few pictures of me with MY kids. I have 2 sons, Christopher and Nicholas. When I was looking for picture for this blog I realized that I was the one taking tons of pictures of my kids so I rarely got in one myself.  Here are a few of my favorites from their younger years.

 Christopher and I when he was 6 days old. It was my 23rd birthday.  Yes, it was the 70's and the Farrah Fawcett hairdo was in style!

 This is my Mom with Nick and Chris - Nick was about 3 months old and Christopher was 2 1/2.

 The boys and I at Oak Creek in Sedona. A friend took us there for a weekend trip one summer and she took this picture which has always been a favorite of mine. Christopher now lives in Sedona. Who would have known?

This is Nick and I when he was about a year old. Such a lovebug!  And then it was the 80's and the permed hair was in style - really....

So Happy Mother's Day to me too :0)  I love my boys and love being their mother. I hope they feel I was a great mother like my Mom was to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment