Sunday, February 22, 2015

Grandma's Cookies

As far back as I can remember, my Grandma Redfield always had a batch of a certain kind of cookies in her cookie tin. They were a kind of sugar cookie that had date filling in the middle. I don't know where she got dates in the middle of absolute nowhere in Montana, but she did. My Mom and I were discussing old recipes one day and I said I would really like to have that cookie recipe so I could try and recreate that memory. Mom found it last fall and this weekend I finally got around to making them. They turned out pretty good, the taste is the same as Grandma's but the texture was a little firmer.  That might be because it said to bake in a "moderate" oven and I didn't know what temperature that was so I had to guess, or I used too much flour when I rolled them out. Anyway, I'll have to keep trying.

 Rolling out and cutting the cookies.
 The date filling is added and another cookie put on top.
The finished product. Quiet yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment