Sunday, July 14, 2013

Why I'll Never Be Skinny


This week I baked bread again.  And I decided to make these 3 cornered dinner rolls as well. My Mom used to make these for holidays and I always thought they were so fun to eat - do you butter the top, pull the sections apart a bit and put butter in and squish it back together, or separate them and butter each one separately?  So many choices :0)  They are quite yummy...

I also made homemade pizzas but we ate them before I even thought about getting a picture. I have a recipe for calzone/pizza dough that makes about 10 individual sized pizzas and I usually have some dough in the freezer since there are only 2 of us to eat them. I thaw out the crust which only takes about 30 minutes, put on some pizza sauce, cheese and whatever other toppings you want and bake it for 15 minutes.  It is a quick meal and it is one of the best pizzas you will ever have.  I figured out a trick so that the crust gets done, even when it is covered with tons of toppings. I put olive oil on the pan, spread out the crust, put olive oil on the top of the crust, then bake it plain for about 5-10 minutes before I put on the toppings. That makes the crust crispy on the bottom. Mmmm... now you know why I'll never be skinny!

No comments:

Post a Comment