Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Wedding and Roadkill - What?

This past weekend I traveled to Montana for my nephew Chase's wedding.  They live in the far northeast part of the state, just a few miles south of the Canadian border.  To get anywhere in Montana your options for airports are pretty sparse. This time I flew into Bozeman as one of my brothers lives about an hour from there. I spent the night at his house and then he and I and his 2 daughters headed for the wedding the next day. Can you say long roadtrip? It takes about 7 hours if you can keep at 75, don't have construction delays or car problems. To make things interesting on these road trips when I was in college and when my kids were little, we used to play games - like "can you name the 2 house town we just went through?" or "what was the name of that bridge?"  I used to be an expert at that. This time I decided to write down all the roadkill we saw, as well as other interesting sights. So here it is (in order):
Deer
Raccoon
Jack rabbit
Antelope
Unknown - big mess!
Bunny
Deer
Gopher
Grouse
Pheasant
Porcupine
Snake
Gopher
Gopher
Gopher
Gopher
Gopher ...(there were a lot - I kind of lost track)
Skunk
Raccoon
Raccoon

Interesting sights:
Wild turkey
Chinese ring-necked pheasant
White buffalo
A Hutterite woman with a wagon and horse selling something beside the road
Sea gull
Llama
Man in a green top hat driving a pickup that must have been held together with baling wire and duct tape
Camel statue made out of car wheels
White donkey



I just had to sing along with my brother's old CD's from the 70's - old country and Neil Diamond for the most part. I'm sure he loved me serenading him to "He's Not Heavy, He's My Brother". Not sure what my nieces were laughing about in the back seat. Hey, it's a very long drive.  Here is a pic of those wonderful nieces Jodi and Katie.





And of course the wedding was wonderful We know how to throw a Redfield wedding! It was held in a hayfield on the homestead. As typical for NE MT, the wind was howling, but it was wonderful none-the-less.

 Before the wedding Hanna came to see Grandma - looking beautiful as a bride should.
 Glad to see she had on the right shoes (correction, boots) for a country wedding.
Here she is with Mom. She fits right in with our family and we're proud to call her a Redfield girl (and she cleans up well too!).
 Mom and the other grandparents. See what I mean about the wind?
 My sisters Lisa and Lynn. We're a fun bunch when we get together.
The groom who is a real life rodeo cowboy
Waiting for the bride
She arrived in a horse-drawn buggy driven by my brother Les, her new father-in-law.

Here we go! Say "I DO!"
Father of the groom - and assorted Redfields
This was cute.
These little girls were precious. The little one really liked the music.
The bride and groom
And what country wedding would be complete without the Best Mutt?
The couple with my brother and sister-in-law.
Me and Lynn


So, the bride was beautiful, the groom was handsome, and a good time was had by all. Just like a wedding should be. I sure miss all these people when I come back to AZ!



Mom and Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is a gorgeous wedding. I liked reading about all of these details. I am also planning to have a small family wedding and we both are just finding the affordable medium sized rental spaces for parties for our big day. It is not so easy to find budget friendly locations. Can you help regarding that?

    ReplyDelete