Sunday, May 17, 2015

Peach Cinnamon Rolls

FLOUR - May is peach season in this part of the US. A friend went to the peach orchard last weekend and brought me a "peck" of peaches. I grew up on a wheat farm and we never had anything less than as bushel to talk about so I didn't know how much a peck was. Now I know.

I promised her I would make some peach cinnamon rolls. I got the recipe from the newspaper about 10 years ago and never made them. I probably won't do it again either. I started working on this project at 11 and finished at 1 - and was busy the whole time. And dirtied every bowl and cookie pan in the house in the meantime.  They did turn out good tho. I will be sharing with my coworkers, my son and his family, and a friend's family.  And I have plenty left over to freeze for my breakfasts. If I do make them again, I will have to remember to cut the recipe in half. It said it made 24 but I ended up with 30 large rolls - YIKES! I was thinking 24 little ones. Live and learn... and share!

The final product

FLOWERS!


My yard is still going great guns. Probably because we've had lots of rain and cool weather which is very unusual for AZ.
This is the flower from a Grecian Pattern Plant. The stem is about 4 feet tall at this point. The leaves are bigger than a breadbox so it is quite interesting.

This hibiscus seems to like the weather too.

 These lilies are really producing flowers this year - more than ever before.
And the snail vine is always so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment