Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cleaning - ugh!

I really hate cleaning... I love things that are sparkling clean, and I love it when my house is that clean, I just don't get there very often.  I remember when my boys were little I used to clean every Saturday morning while they watched cartoons. The most memorable part was wiping the fingerprints off the wall at their hand height, then wiping the line off the wall below that where the dog rubbed on it as he walked by. For a while I paid my Mom to clean for me. She would do her laundry there and bake sometimes, but it just seems wrong to pay your Mom to clean your house. I should have been cleaning hers for free instead.

I just cleaned my refrigerator.  I read somewhere that the fridge is the dirtiest place in the house because no one ever cleans it.  I can truthfully say, it's been a while. I wipe up spills and keep it from being gross but this time I took out every shelf and really cleaned - including getting rid of all the stuff in the back. You know, the jars of jelly that were opened and barely used but you just can't throw them out, even when the expiration date was 18 months ago.  The "medium" and "mild" Pace picante sauce - why did I have 2 anyway? The sour cream that was out dated 2 weeks ago, but then how do you really know when sour cream goes bad? All those extra packets of mustard and ketchup that came with fast food meals - sorry Mom, we'll get you some more when you come back in the fall. And why do the dried up grapes in the bottom of the crisper always look so gross? Not like raisins at all!

Then there is the rest of the house. My husband and I have no pets or kids at home so I don't know how it gets dirty - must be him!  Whenever I get it really clean he asks if we are moving - yes, he's a smart ass! I tend to collect clutter. Probably because I have so many projects going on all the time, and I get lots of catalogs that I can't throw out without perusing them several times. I rarely order anything but I do like to look.

I really need a cleaning lady since I work more-than-full-time and I have other things going on in my life after work most days. Since my husband doesn't do any cleaning I wonder if he's going to freak out when Carlita shows up some day and starts doing all that stuff I don't like to do? oh well....

1 comment:

  1. Must run in the family. FYI , sour cream lasts a long time past its expiration date!

    ReplyDelete