Sunday, June 2, 2013

You Can Go Home Again

I'm sure you've heard people say "you can't go home again", and I know what they mean. That once you leave things are not the same when you go back. I've been "gone" from my farm home since 1974 when I left for college. But every time I go back, no matter how things have changed, it is still home. I guess it's because a lot of the people I loved then are still there and I still love them, and I'm pretty sure they still love me.  I miss my dad, he passed away in 2004 and is buried on the farm, and I had a long talk with him while I was there - sat right there on the bench by the gravesite.  I could always count on him for good advice.  It was great to see the family that loves me unconditionally, no matter what, and spend time just talking and being together, being real, being ourselves with the freedom to say whatever we want.  Yep, I love my family.

And coming back to Arizona was coming home too.  It's where my home is now, my husband, children and grandbabies, my work family.  I kind of missed it when I was in MT, believe it or not.

Almost to the middle of nowhere!
I want to give a special thanks to my sister's-in-law, Laurie and Alice for being my taxi service. MT is a huge state and with the closest airport a 5 hour drive from home, it's great to have willing family to haul you around!  I love you guys like you are my real sisters - I hope you know that.


No comments:

Post a Comment